Friday, December 16, 2011

Simple vs Fussy!

I love when a card has lots of white space, known as Clean and Simple (CAS) and this swirly-worded stamp set is perfect for a simple card layout with lots of white.  The Holly stamp was stamped in Old Olive, then I took a blender pen to remove the ink from the berries...then colored them with my Real Red marker.  Stamp the Season's Greetings in Real Red, and you are set!  Layer it up!  The bow is just a little white ribbon with a square Fire Brad.  I don't remember the name of this set; I believe it was a hostess set last year.

Now, this card is the opposite of Clean and Simple!  Fussy to the max!  I blatently CASED this from Jan Tinkleberg's blog, last year, although I was unable to find the exact card I copied.  If you have ever been to Jan's blog, she loves her layers, her glitter, her wonderful cutting....and I love her beautiful creations!  I just don't go straight to that style all the time.  Perhaps once the kids are in school the whole day, I'll have more time to fussy-cut!  This set was called A Cute Christmas, and to get that pink tree, we stamped it onto a piece of DSP, and then cut it out.  The snowman is stamped on white, then cut out - worth the work! 

No comments:

Post a Comment