Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Dasher

 I love the Dasher single stamp, don't you?  For this card, I tried something a little different, called the Stained Glass technique.  Once I start doing tutorials, I'll photo this one.  It is very simple... You start with saving your scraps of rubber from stamps that you purchase.  Cut them into small shapes and put them onto a block.  I had my hubby make me a few, but you could use an acrylic block, or recycle something firm (like an old book?) to stick those scraps onto.  They have to be pretty close to each other, so you don't have big gaps.  Stamp your image first (Dasher here) then ink your scraps background stamp with Versa Mark ink.  Stamp over the image, sprinkle with Clear Embossing Powder, and heat emboss.  SCRUB your image with a sponge with dark ink (Early Espresso used here).  Wipe with tissue, and you have this! 
This card is great for mass producing.  The bottom red panel can be DSP, or in this case I added a little texture by running it through the Big Shot with Textured Embossing Plate.  The above card also has been run through a Textured Embossing Plate.  a strip of ribbon, accented with a brad, and you have a simple, elegant card!

This is also great if you are just starting with stamping, and don't have a ton of supplies.  One stamp, one ink color, and 3 card stocks... (and a pack of brads) Very budget friendly!

No comments:

Post a Comment