Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Scrapbook in a Box

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
 I hope you are having a wonderful day with your family.  Today my family is traveling to our parents' homes, on our way to a marathon of gift-exchanging, eating, and fun!  A few years ago, after going to our 4th home on Christmas day, we learned that our kids couldn't last that long.  So we started asking Santa to visit a day early...now my family exchanges gifts Christmas Eve morning, and the kids have all day to play with their new toys without having to put them away to travel for hours to do it all over again.  It has worked well for us over the years.
My mom also joined in on the compromise, and she now hosts Christmas on the 26th, so you see where the marathon comes in?  We are at Jason's mom's on the 25th so we don't have to hurry through the meal or the gift-giving, which is very nice.  We can sit back and relax and just enjoy the day.  But now, on to the stamping!
Today's project is another one from last year.  This is an Exploding Scrapbook in a Box.  I believe I got this idea from Monika Davis.  The top picture is the box closed with the lid on.  Then, when you open the box, the sides all cascade down and you have several layers and sides on which to scraopbook!  I think I cut out at least 40 of these last year for my customers to take home and assemble after our initial class where they first learned to make them.  I think I had to re-order Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive 12X12 3 or 4 times!  And I'm still using up the strips left over from making the layers...they reside in my scrap box.  Many of the layers and pieces on the panels are from the squares cut out of the corners.  After cutting the squares and layers, I added a few touches with the Tasteful Trim die, punches, and glass glitter.  We glued all of these pieces and parts onto the layers.  But now that we have the Sizzix Adhesive Sheets, we can save a ton of time in making these!  I still have one of these on my desk shelf, and I hope to finish adding pictures to give this to my grandparents...  

boxes of my own, but haven't finished putting pictures into it yet....I'd better finish it soon or

No comments:

Post a Comment