Saturday, December 3, 2011

Christmas card picture...

I can't believe it has been 2 weeks since I've posted!  I was feeling like I was getting into a routine, but with Thanksgiving, traveling home (and not taking my computer with me), and visiting with family, I got out of rhythm.  We'll see if I can keep up with Christmas projects these next few weeks.
I am sending out all of the different cards I had posted, and have others to post as well, but I ususally try to put a photo in the envelopes for those that don't see us often.  With the move, I didn't get us in to a photography studio for family pictures, and I'm sorry, but not too many people want the single shots of each of my 4's school pics, so this year I decided to do something a little different.
This summer, before the move, and while Jason was between projects at work, we took a 24 day trip out west, making it to California, and then back.  It was a great learning experience, and we saw a lot of great American landmarks!  So this year, I crammed just a few of our favorite pictures from the trip, with only a few of the sights we saw, onto a 4X6 photo.  I used My Digital Studio to resize and crop the photos, and then layered them up.  I'm sure I could have made it look nicer, but I wanted to get as many photos in as possible, so I gave up form for function.  I hope I don't have to trim them much, but I will have to fit them into my 4 1/2 X 5 3/4 envelopes!  Oh well....
My cards are done, addressed, the letter is written...all I have left is to pick up the pictures (once they come in) and then print out a mailing label for each person.  Since we move so much (this was address #10 for us this time!) I decided to print a label for each person getting a card, just in case anyone used pen in their address book. :)

Update:  If you receive a card from me, you may notice that it appears we went to DLANDS ational park....and Jake might be missing an elbow or hand...I am learning on MDS, and there is a "bleed are" where your project may be cropped a little for printing... well, my pictures came out fine, but Mikayla was right on the edge on the right side, so I had to trim the left side to fit it into the envelope.... but no matter!  I just hope Jake, already with a case of middle child syndrome, doesn't read anything into it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment