Monday, April 9, 2012

Extra Easter Cards

I decided to send a few extra Easter cards this year, and I didn't have enough time to make more of yesterday's card.  So my solution was to pull from my blank card stash.  I often make several of the same or similar card, and then leave them blank, with no sentiment inside or out.  Then, when I need a card for a particular occasion, I have several to choose from.

This card was made with Pick a Petal stamp set (retired) with the Large Oval Punch, and the 1" (or 1 3/8") circle punch for the center of the flower.

The Daffodil Delight layer is embossed with the Bouquet embossing folder, and I also embossed a scrap piece, to punch the centers of the circles.

 The brad is from the Fire Circle Brads, and gives just the right touch to this flower.

The DSP is retired, but it was lovely, and had several wonderful colors...Poppy Parade, Peach Parfait, Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz....  When I originally had this card at a stamp-a-stack, it was a big hit, and I had several different pieces of the DSP available for the flowers and for the rick rack.

That rick rack scalloped edge was made with the Tasteful Trim die.  It is $42.95 in the catalog, but I have found that it has been well worth the price.  I often use the rick racks instead of ribbon, thus saving me lots of $$ in ribbon!

This card uses the same DSP as the card above, but also incorporates the Build a Flower Punch, and a flower Bigz die (I'm sorry, I'm not home as I'm blogging, and am without my catalog).

 These cards both incorporate Cottage Wall DSP (retired), and the bottom one features a window sheet that coordinates with the same DSP.  I have it attached to a Whisper White piece of cardstock, so that it will show up nicely.  I have made several of these cards, following a few similar layouts, and they are nice to have on hand to suit whatever occasion I may need them on.  Eery once in a while, I like to sit down with a pack of retired DSP, with the intention of using it up!  I often hoard and hoard, and then as I'm trying to use it up, I realize that each card doesn't take all that much paper, and my stash doesn't get all used up!  I'm trying to not hoard as much, but I have lots of product still to be used up.

No comments:

Post a Comment