Thursday, April 12, 2012

Belated Birthday Card


I can be really bad at getting cards to family members on time.  And I have a wonderful neice whose birthday is on Christmas Day.  I almost always miss giving her her birthday card, in the business of getting ready for Christmas....  This year, I even had her gift bought early, but still didn't give it to her on time.  Then, once I miss it, I seem to put off correcting my mistake...

But I am working on it!

Anyway, I wanted to try something fun for my neice's belated birthday card.  This ended up not being as girly as planned, and I'll have to try this technique with other papers, but overall, this is a pretty cool technique.  This background technique is called Bargello.  I found it on Splitcoast Stamper's website, HERE'S the link for complete instructions.  You basically take thin strips of paper, and lay them out on a sheet of paper, but I think I'll try our Sizzix Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets next time.  Then you cut that up at a 90* angle, so instead of strips of designs, you now have strips with little blocks of the designs....the instruction photots show it much better than I can explain.

I think I will try this again with some girlier paper patterns!  Small patterns work best; even those larger polka dots are almost too big...

Recipe:
Stamps:  Bring on the Cake
Cardstock:  Cajun Craze, Basic Black, Old Olive, Whisper White, Frightful Sight DSP
Accessories:  Labels Collections Framelits, Big Shot, Cajun Craze 1 1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Cherry Cobbler Scallop Dots Ribbon, Stampin' Sponge

No comments:

Post a Comment