Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Cards...

Hippity Hoppin', Easter's on its Way!


I made this card last year at a stamp event in Nashville when I was there for Leadership with Stampin' Up!.  This is  simple and fun, using Forest Friends stamp set, and Playdate DSP.  I added the inside sentiment from Words of Wisdom stamp set.

I received this card at a swap this year at Leadership in San Antonio.  I had to make a few adjustments to it to be able to layer it onto a cardbase.  (a swap is usually just the card front, so it must be trimmed down to fit onto a card base)

That punch is new; it is available in the Occasions Mini catalog.

I love how the embossing frame was used to frame the bunny.  So cute!

 
I sent this card to my mother-in-law or her Easter card.  This was a swap I received last year, and the DSP is now retired, but it is lovely.

To get the girl's silhouette to be pink AND sparkly, you can ink your stamp in Rose Red CRAFT ink, then sprinkle Irridescent Ice Embossing Powder over the image.  Heat to set the EP.  You have a lovely sparkly image.  If you don't have the craft ink, you can stamp in Versa Mark, then Rose Red ink, then emboss.

Here's another shot of the card, with the flash on.  It catches more of the sparkle in the Embossing Powder.

I hope you have a blessed Easter!  I will have a few more cards, including the ones I made for this year's Easter card that gets sent to my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment