Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Scrapbooking - Beau Chateau

Hi there!  I've been busy working on scrapbook pages, even though I don't scrapbook for myself.  I do some digital scrapbooking, and should go back and post what I've made so far using My Digital Studio....hmmm...gonna have to start blogging more while watching Dancing with the Stars!

I'm not certain what I'll do with these pages; I'll most likely take them with me to the Camp Harmony Scrapbooking weekend in November, in hopes to sell them.  Or I'll figure out how to set up an Etsy store.  Either way, these were fun to make, and this DSP (Designer Series Paper) was great for leaving journaling sections.

To make those journaling sections, I used the Frames Collection Framelits....I put all of the Framelits onto one piece of Soft Suede cardstock.  Running it through the Big Shot cuts all of the frames at once.  Then, I can use each sized frame on the different pages (there are more to follow!)

To add a little interest, and to use up some retiring product, I made this lovely scalloped envelope, and attached a framelit piece stamped with an image from the Apothecary Arts stamp set.  This would be great for a date/location.  It is all held together with a mini library clip.
For the flower detail, punch 2 pieces of Pink Pirouhette with the Blossom Punch, and 2 petals in Soft Suede with the Blossom Builder Punch.  Add a Marina Mist 3/4" circle and a scrap of Chantilly 1/2" Crochet Trim.

Here's another close-up of the bottom detail.  The crochet trim is gathered by runnning thread through one side, then pulling it to gather and scrunch it up a little.  I initially tried to sew the trim to the scalloped strip of DSP, but that was taking too long, so I just tacked it to the page with mini glue dots.
More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment