Sunday, March 25, 2012

Happiest Birthday

My mother-in-law's birthday is on Groundhog's Day, and she commented last year on how my cards always get to her right on her birthday.  And I laughed because being on time is something that I truly struggle with in life.  Well, she must have jinxed me, because I did not get her card to her on time.  But that does not mean that I love her any less.  I have a fabulous mother-in-law; she's supportive, helpful, and wonderfully kind to me and my kids.

I wanted to make a special card, using some of our new products, but not necessarily in the usual way.  Starting with the Apothecary Art stamp I chose....this one is meant for a larger frame, but I cut it with a smaller one so that I could layer the next frame.  That next frame is Pool Party cardstock, cut out then sponged with Soft Suede ink, while still in the framelit.  Then there is a Soft Suede strip cut out and layered on as well.  I colored the flowers with markers, and sponged the edges with Soft Suede.  I hope she liked it!
Recipe:  Stamps:  Apothecary Art, Bordering on Romance
Cardstock:  Pool Party, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Markers, Big Shot, Framelits, sponge

No comments:

Post a Comment