Monday, March 26, 2012

Cards for Wanda...part 1

Do you know of anyone in your life that is always joyful, no matter the circumstances?  Cherish that person, because they are very rare, indeed.  I am blessed to know a lady named Wanda; she is one of those beautiful people.  She's just wonderful to be around, but right now she is going through some health difficulties.  I only get to see Wanda  few times a year, at stamp events I have when I am visiting nearer to where she lives.  Wanda's daughter Facebooked me to see if I could send her some cards....instead of having flowers delivered, she thought Wanda would appreciate cards more.  Wanda regularly makes and sends many cards to encourage friends and family members, but has not been well enough to make them herself lately.  I was SO HAPPY to oblige!  I just had to make her something special to keep them in as well, so here is the box that I made for the cards to go in.



Here is a tilted view, so you can see that it's a box, and not a card itself.  I used the white paper-board that comes in the Designer Series Paper packs that SU sells.  I used my Simply Scored Scoring Tool to score it at 3" and 9".  Then, I turned it 90* and scored it at 4 1/4" and 7 1/2".  Cut the sides to make the box, and then angled the edges....I will try to make a video of this soon.  I wrapped it in some beautiful paper from SU, and added the ribbon, and Top Note stamped sentiment.

 Now, you can't have a box and not fill it with cards!  So I will be showcasing the cards that went to Wanda over the next several blog posts.  Some I made, and some I made from swaps I received at different Stampin' Up! events.  I tried to send Wanda some of my favorites, that had retired products on them, making them no longer useable on my display boards.  These first two I made.
Recipe:  Top card
Stamps: Just Buzzin' By
Cardstock:  So Saffron, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Playdate DSP
Accessories:  Big Shot, Scallop Circles #2 die,
2 1/2", and 1 1/4" Circle Punches, Doily Punch 

Recipe:  Butterfly Card
Stamps:  Sincere Salutations
Cardstock:  Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black, Whisper White, Retired DSP
Accessories:  Big Shot, Beautiful Butterflies Big Shot die, Clear Rhinestone Brads

No comments:

Post a Comment