Thursday, February 16, 2012

Ponderings of a mother.... and Valentines!

Right now, it is 11:45 PM, and my 4th grader, Jake, is finishing up his book report.  I don't know if I'm being a good mom for making him do a good job, or if I'm being a bad mom for not letting him get a taste of failure for the lousy paragraph he wanted to turn in...  So I've just finished the book he had to read, while he finishes the last paragraph, and I decided to blog a few of my favorite Valentine's day cards from Leadership. 
***I realized when I read this later, that it might have sounded like I read the book for Jake.  I did not, but I usually do read the books they have to so I can help when they have questions.  Kids have a hard time deciding what's most important to put in a report, and so they either want to put everything in, or next to nothing.  If I've read the book, I can ask more questions, like, "Does that part affect the story's ending?"  I hope you aren't thinking I read the book so I could do the report for him.  He did a fair job; no A+, but I hope he learns to not procrastinate (even though I still do!)

 Look at this cutie!  I love how the hearts are stacked, and the green heart is cut in half for the leaves....so clever, how people see punches in a whole new way!


 The You're My Type stamp set is so cute!  I loved all the ways this set was featured.....It was one of those in the mini that really didn't call my name when I did my pre-order, but I may just have to order it before the mini catalog goes away...


 The above card is interesting, the little LOVE tag belongs clipped to the mini clothespin, but I think I am going to have to steal this idea somewhere down the road... 

And below, how cute is that Hershey's kiss?  Now that we live near Hershey, I may have to send out some belated Hershey kiss Valentine's, or save the idea for next year before we move away!  If you are wondering how to get that shape, it is done with the Build a Blossom punch.
 I have a few more samples that I got as swaps, but I didn't photograph them yet, so I may save them for next year! I'm still getting the hang of this blogging thing, and the holidays keep sneaking up on me! Luckily, I only have about 7 wonderful people that regularly check on my humble attempts, so for now I'm okay with my slow progress.... I'll get better; I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment