Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Sounding Joy cards

So far I have featured an elegant card and a whimsical card, so now it is time for a religious card.  I love giving cards at Christmas that truly celebrate the reason for this joyous holiday.  God sent his son, his most precious, beloved son, to earth, knowing full-well the end result.  That Jesus would die a cruel death in order to save humanity from our self-destructive path.
With our recent move, I had been trying to buy less stamps, and sell off as many retired items as I could.  But when I saw this stamp set in the Holiday Mini catalog, I just could not resist.  I am not a big fan of line art for Christmas; the thought of coloring 100 cards is just too much!  This card, with the layering of the stamp images, is unique and beautiful.  I don't think I've had a stamp set layer quite like this one before...  So I made a little room for this set in my already large collection...
The colors are: Very Vanilla for the 3 1/2 X 2 3/4" panel you will be stamping on - Sahara Sand for the card base, punched doilies, punched scallop edge borders and ink for the star - Cherry Cobbler for the ink, and the fabric piece...the fabric strip is from the Deck the Halls Designer Fabric trio.  I just snipped a little at the edge, and then tore it down the length of the fabric. It tears straight and clean!  Just cut it into 4+" lengths, and tape the edges to the DSP.  For the Baja Breeze piece, I cut a 4 X 3 1/2" piece of DSP from the Pocket Full of Posies pack.  I love this pop of color!  But I quickly ran out of it....I looked for some other possibilities, and you could substitute a few different shades of blue for this look, or if you have the Subtles Collection of DSP Stack, you would have lots of Baja Breeze (or Marina Mist, Bashful Blue) to make a big stack of these!  Since I didn't have enough Baja Breeze, I went digging through my papers, and came across the Mocha Morning Specialty paper!!! So beautiful!
Lookie!...
The card on the left has Black felted paper.  So elegant!  I liked the black so well, that I went through and found another DSP called Timeless Portrait.  It is Very Vanilla and Black.  I love how the Cherry Cobbler jumps with this color scheme.  I think I will be making quite a few of this card this season.

I hope to soon learn how to show you some of the products, but I will at least list them here.  If you would like to order any of the items, you can go to my Stampin' Up! website and hit the Shop Now! button.

122366  Mocha Morning Specialty DSP  $12.95  or
122354  Pocket Full of Posies DSP  $10.95  or
122352  Timeless Portrait DSP  $10.95  or
117157  Neutrals Collection  $21.95 (best value 40 sheets)
121716  Deck the Halls Designer Fabric  $9.95
122465  Doily Triple Layer Punch  $23.95
119882  Scallop Edge Border  $16.95
121979  The Sounding Joy stamp set  $18.95 (clear)

No comments:

Post a Comment