Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Delightful Decorations

Last year I posted this card to Splitcoast Stampers...
Remember that tinsel?  I totally wish that it were in this year's mini....oh well.  But my comment was that I wish I had the Baroque Motifs stamp set for the swirl.  My wonderful mom gave it to me for Christmas last year, so I had to do this card again!  The above card is Real Red and Basic Gray, and another wonderful retired product - the Real Red Dotted Ribbon.  I have it flipped over, and I love that stitched detail to it.  But onto this year's version:
 I love Christmas cards with non-traditional colors, so I decided to have a Pool Party with this one!  The colors here are Pool Party and Basic Gray.  Stamp sets are Baroque Motifs and Delightful Decorations from Stampin' Up!. 
The swirls from Baroque Motifs is stamped in Basic Gray.  Then I stamped the snowflakes and 2 ornaments with Pool Party.  The joy ornament was stamped onto a separate piece of Whisper White and then punched out with the Ornament Punch.  I added some Silver Cord (retired) and a rhinestone and it was finished!





Sometimes I wonder when I make a CAS card (Clean And Simple) if I should add something.  So I tried again with the Pool Party card, finding some DSP (Designer Series Paper) with Basic Gray and Pool Party.  A little ribbon in Pool Party to top it off, and I have a replica of last year's card!  But I'm not sure if I like it as much as the simpler one.  Sometimes Less is More...

No comments:

Post a Comment