Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Angel Brayered card

I was going through some folders, and I found a bunch of cards that I had made and posted to Splitcoast Stampers over the last few years.  I know that Christmas is over, but I have several more to show!  I will save most of them to post for next year, even though several stamp sets are retired.  Today's cards feature the long retired, but well loved stamp set called On Angel Wings.  It also uses a retired stamp pad that SU used to carry...do you remember the Kaleidescope ink pads?  I still have 2 of mine, and everytime I decide I can part with them, I see these cards, and just can't let go!   The blue card is brayered straight onto a piece of glossy cardstock.  I then cut a frame out of the background, so that the layers would match up... I stamped the angel onto the center piece, and layered it onto a black piece of cardstock.  Stazon ink works best when stamping onto glossy cardstock, because it dries fast and doesn't smear...
 The tie-dyed card is done by using the Bouncing Brayer technique.  You simply ink your brayer with a kaleidescope ink pad, and then bounce it in a circle over a piece of glossy cardstock.  I again made a frame out of the entire background piece, then stamped the angel on the center piece.  I cut the frame into pieces, and layered it onto the black card base.  Doesn't it look like a stained-glass window?  I often make frames for card layouts like this to save paper, but this time I did it so the colors would match up.  The card has a few black brads for an accent, and some HodgePodge Hardware that I spray-painted black.  You can use a sharpie if you want, but my sharpie wasn't inky enough, and it looked purple.  We had some black spray paint, so I took a few pieces out and sprayed them....easy!  And they dried fast too!  The bird is white, because I stamped it onto a piece of scrap and cut it out and layered it on with a glue dot...it just didn't look right orange and purple!

No comments:

Post a Comment